Monitoring Working Group (MWG)
Terms of reference
(as in MWG TORs as approved by BSHC 13th Conference, 20 August 2008)
- To maintain the Baltic Sea Harmonised Re-survey Scheme
- To maintain the re-survey metadata database
- To monitor the progress of the execution of the Harmonised Re-Survey Scheme
- To identify possible problems and propose solutions or workarounds to them
- To specify and propose updates and changes to the Harmonised Re-Survey Scheme
- To liaise with national Maritime Administrations, HELCOM Secretariat, and other relevant organisations
- The MWG should report to the BSHC at least once a year.
- The MWG will continue to guide and follow up the progress of the Re-Survey Database development. It is of importance to have the database and interface operate reliably.
- Continue cooperation with FAMOS Freja / Odin concerning Re-Surveys in the Baltic Sea. Raise awareness of need of updating Re-survey plan and perform Re-surveys especially in areas in South-Eastern Baltic, where AIS-records show commercial shipping and which areas are not nationally categorized as HELCOM Cat I or Cat II areas.
- Continue cooperation and information exchange with NSHC.
- Continue communication with relevant organisations and inform users by giving presentations and participating in relevant conferences, such as HELCOM Maritime and EU BSRS PA Safe Steering Committee (as Re-Survey program having a Flagship status within both).
- Form a regional discussion forum for IHO S-44 Project Team work, renewing the S-44 ed 5 (BSHC21 item C.1 MWG Report task C.3)
- Mr Lars Hansen
- Mr Jesper Vedel
- Mr Peeter Väling
- Mr Seppo H Mäkinen (Chair)
- Mr Thomas Dehling
- Mr Bruno Spels
- Mr Mindaugas Zakarauskas
- Mr Marcin Banaszak
- Mr Ulf Olsson
- MWG15, 8 March 2017, Malmö, Sweden
- MWG14, 11 November 2016, Rostock, Germany
- MWG13, 10 February, 2016, Norrköping, Sweden
- MWG12, 17 June 2015, Riga, Latvia
- MWG11, 10 June 2014, Riga, Latvia
- MWG10, 20 March 2013, Helsinki, Finland
- MWG9, 18 September 2012, Helsinki, Finland
- MWG8, 21 September 2011, Norrköping, Sweden
- MWG7, 10-11 May 2011, Norrköping, Sweden
- MWG6, 23 September 2010, Gdynia, Poland