Terms of reference
(based on MWG TORs as approved by BSHC 13th Conference, 20 August 2008, updated on 20 Sept 2017 by BSHC22
- To maintain the Baltic Sea Harmonised Re-survey Scheme
- To maintain the re-survey metadata database
- To monitor the progress of the execution of the Harmonised Re-Survey Scheme
- To identify possible problems and propose solutions or workarounds to them
- To specify and propose updates and changes to the Harmonised Re-Survey Scheme
- To liaise with national Maritime Administrations, HELCOM Secretariat, and other relevant organisations.
- To support IHO working groups and other European projects in issues concerning IHO S-44 and survey status. Any official decisions shall be brought to BSHC Conference to be decided.
- The MWG should report to the BSHC at least once a year.
- MWG will continue to monitor the progress of the HELCOM Re-survey Scheme and follow Re-Survey Database development. It is of importance to have the database and interface operate reliably.
- Continue cooperation with future possible EU CEF, TEN-T and EU REGIO funding projects concerning Re-Surveys in the Baltic Sea.
- Follow up HELCOM Head of Delegates outcome item 6.57 on the need of updating Re-survey plan and perform Re-surveys especially in areas in South-Eastern Baltic, where AIS-records show commercial shipping taking place and which areas are not nationally categorized as HELCOM cat I or cat II areas.
- Continue cooperation and information exchange with NSHC.
- Continue communication with relevant organisations and inform users by giving presentations and participating in relevant conferences, such as HELCOM Maritime and EU BSRS PA Safe Steering Committee (as Harmonized Re-survey Scheme has a Flagship status within EU).
- To follow up the approval of IHO S-44 ed 6 and to implement it to the hydrographic work within the Baltic Sea.
DK: Mr Lars Hansen, Mr Jesper Vedel
EE: Mr Peeter Väling
FI: Mrs Maarit Mikkelson (Chair), Mr Seppo Mäkinen (Secretary)
GE: Ms Cindy Niemeyer, Mr Jean-Guy Nistad
LV: Mr Aigars Gailis, Mr Bruno Spels
LT: Mr Emilis Tertelis, Mr Mindaugas Zakarauskas
PL: Mr Witold Stasiak
RU: n/n mail to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
SE: Mr Anders Åkerberg, Mr Hans Öiås
- MWG22, 26 April 2021, videoconference (SKYPE) hosted by Finland
- MWG21, 24 March 2020, videoconference (SKYPE) hosted by Finland
- MWG20, 19 September 2019, Gdansk, Poland
- MWG19, 19 April 2019, Tallinn, Estonia
- MWG18A workshop, 14 November 2018, Riga, Latvia
- MWG18, 27 August 2018, Aalborg, Denmark
- MWG17, 7 March 2018, Malmö, Sweden
- MWG16, 21 September 2017, Rostock, Germany
- MWG15, 8 March 2017, Malmö, Sweden
- MWG14, 11 November 2016, Rostock, Germany
- MWG13, 10 February, 2016, Norrköping, Sweden
- MWG12, 17 June 2015, Riga, Latvia