BSHC Chart Datum Working Group
"To implement a common reference level in the Baltic Sea"
Photo: Chart Datum Working Group 10th meeting, 7-8 February 2018, Arkö, Sweden
Terms of Reference
(5 April 2017)
(Approved by BSHC22nd conference, September 2017)
The BSHC18 (September 2013) decided to continue CDWG work and wished the harmonized Baltic Sea vertical reference to be implemented.
The Working Group should
- To continue implementation of the EVRS.
- To prepare the road map for transition, including e.g:
- to establish a network of relevant bodies involved into the transition and efficiently communicate and give guidance within this network
- to invite relevant bodies to inform the users
- to review of progress of national plans and actions
- to propose harmonization actions
- To cooperate with relevant bodies on water level related issues e.g:
- to promote studies on the validation, status and distribution of water level information, and to promote studies on interpolation and prediction of water levels
- to promote studies on displaying schemes for joint Baltic Sea water level information
- to promote studies on recommendations to IHO how the sea level and its variations should be shown on nautical paper and ENC charts and publications, and conveying water level information to mariners [ref. IHO Technical Resolutions].
- To further development of a common harmonized height reference, including further development of a common geoid model for the whole Baltic Sea area and supporting geoid and oceanographic studies relevant to these purposes.
- To cooperate with BOOS and other relevant international bodies
- To liaise with relevant IHO bodies.
The Working Group should report to the BSHC Conferences.
- Dr Joanna Gerlings
- Mr Philip Sigaard Christiansen
- Mrs Gabriela Kotsulim
- Mr Jyrki Mononen
- Dr Patrick Westfeld
- Mr Armands Murans
- Mr Mindaugas Zakarauskas
- Cdr Sławomir Lipiński
- Lt Cdr Marcin Banaszak
- Capt S.Travin
- Dr Sergey V. Reshetniak
- Mr Leonid Shalnov
- Mr Thomas Hammarklint (Chair)
- Mr Lars Jakobsson
- Mr Henrik Tengbert
Representative of BOOS
Mr Thomas Hammarklint
- Mrs Mirjam Bilker-Koivula
- Mrs Katri Leinonen
- Dr Gunter Liebsch
- Mr Aksel Voldsund
- Dr Martin Lidberg
- Dr Jonas Ågren
- Dr Per-Anders Olsson
- Mr Mikael Stenström
Member list as PDF document
CDWG 10th meeting, 7-8 February 2018, Arkö, Sweden
CDWG 9th meeting, 4-5 April 2017, Rostock, Germany
CDWG 8th meeting, 23-24 February 2016, Helsinki, Finland
BOOS products related to CDWG actions